Sunday, December 30, 2007

oh boy!!

So don't worry that I am only about a month late posting this to my blog! But hey I can blame the Christmas Season for that right?

So it has happened...we are having a BOY! We are so excited and a bit on the nervous side.

Lyza took a bit of convincing about the whole thing. She was in the ultrasound room with us and when the Dr. said that it looks like a boy Lyza shouted "No it's a GIRL!" The Dr. politely reaffirmed that indeed it was going to be a brother.

For the rest of the day she kept telling Steven and I that she wanted a girl. And we kept telling her that she was going to love this baby brother.

After she went to bed Steven and I thought "man this could be tricky with her..she was so set on a girl."

Lucky the next morning when I opened the door to her room the first thing out of her mouth was..."I am going to have a baby brother!!!" "I am so excited." And from that point on we haven't heard another thing except excitement from her.


So here is our first picture of our little man. We are so excited to be having him. I can see the many thoughts going through my husbands head of the soccer games, trips to the cabin, and coaching his "little man" that he is dreaming up.

So here is to thinking up names??? And trying to figure out how to raise a boy?

13 comments:

The Ray Family said...

Congratulations!! A boy!? No comments on how to raise a boy from this family... all we know is girls! Chaz is going to be so jealous that Steve is getting a boy! It's going to be so fun to have one of each!

Miki said...

Yippee! Congrats! What a lucky little guy. Jonathan has always liked the name Sparticus...think it over. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!!! Aven will have a little buddy up there in Utah. Im stoked for Steve too. I'm sure he can't wait to play a little soccer with the little guy.

Shalice said...

It is about time you post something...:) Boys are the best - just a little wilder (I mean a lot wilder) than Lyza!

They have a tender place in their heart for their mom - you will love it!

Can't wait for the fun to come your way!

karlin said...

CONGRATS! It is SO fun to have one of both! I LOVE having a boy but what are you doing to do? No dance lessons for him... Steve will have to put him to work! I'm really happy for you.

Jordan said...

Yea! I am so happy for you and your cute little family. I bet your Dad is excited to have some boys in the family!
love-Melissa (grider) Romans

Mindy said...

You so deserve a boy! I can't believe how great that ultrasound picture is...Dr. Tanner did that?

Anonymous said...

That is so great congratulation!!! I have 13 nephews and they are so much fun. I'll bet Steve can't wait. I loved Lyza's response, hahaha.. she is so cute.

Nancy said...

Shaundee, remember me? I found you through Emily's blog, so fun to see your cute family. Your daughter is adorable, looks like she's on her way to being another cougarette. I have a link to Liz's blog on mine. I thought of you when President Hinckley died, I remembered you were related. He was such an amazing person, so sad to see him go.
Nancy Craig Johanson

Emily said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you.

Peerys Posse said...

Congrats! You will have a blast. Boys are great. We thought we couldn't love something as much as Kennedy but it is amazing how you fall in love with your little buddy so much. And big sis is going to go crazy on that little boy. Keep an eye on her she will be hauling him around before you know it. So excited for you all.
Tracy

Becca said...

Hey Shaundee,
Congrats on the boy! I wouldn't know what to do--Lily is already all girl and sass. I'm glad you found our blog--we'll have to keep in touch through cyberspace!

Liz said...

Congrats! Honestly (and regretfully) I didn't realize you were expecting. But so exciting! We will playgroup soon, hopefully before your little guy arrives and you are all hibernating. :)