Saturday, October 10, 2009

a day for joy

Tessa Joy


Dear Tessa Joy,

Today I met you for the first time. I had heard so much about you previously, but had never had the chance to see you yet. I have to admit that over the last week or so, you have been on my mind constantly. I would think about you and your sweet family. I would pray for you and for all of your loved ones that were so worried. My little Lyza would never forget you in our family prayers at night. She would have so many questions she wanted answered about you. I couldn't always answer all of her questions, but our conversations would always end with me telling her that "Heavenly Father loves His little children more then anything, and He will do what is best for little Tessa Joy."

Today when I met you my emotions ran high, I apologize for not keeping my composure. Today when I met you, your body was still but your spirit was strong...overwhelming actually. Today when I met you, I watch as your mother was so courageous and noble...she amazes me. Today when I met you, I heard your oldest sister play beautiful piano music for you. Today when I met you I felt the love of our Savior.

I am so thankful I got to meet you today. Your story and example came into my life when I need a refresher course on what is really important. I have been changed for the better. For someone so tiny who wasn't with us for very long...you have touched so many peoples lives.

You have touched mine.

With Love,

Shaundee

3 comments:

Miki said...

I've got tears in my eyes and don't even know who this is! I am so sorry for this mother who lost a precious baby.

Shalice said...

So beautiful Shaunds! I am glad you wrote these things down so that we can remember how we felt. Love every word.

Ben and Kim said...

This is Kim (Holding), I just came across your blog and your sweet words really touched me. I'm so sorry for your loss and for this mother. I had a precious baby girl born still almost 4 years ago. It is the most difficult thing I have ever gone through. I have a blog that I have used to record some of my experience, there is a link to it on my family blog. If you think it might be helpful to this mother you can pass it along to her. Take care.