Monday, October 20, 2008

what's in your freezer?

Freezer #1

What is in mine you ask?....PURE LIQUID GOLD!
There is little that gives me a sense of accomplishment as much as these two pictures do. For those of you who know me you know what a magnificent sight this is. Represented in these two freezers are hours of hard work, months of worry, and on occasion a few tears.
Freezer #2

I had to document this moment just for my own sake. Nursing has not come easily to me on either of my children. For some reason my sisters and I like to get mastitis quite frequently during our nursing months. (To see the latest story of a bad case of mastitis visit here...oh and check out my sister darling little girl Sloan.)

Anyway, after each case of mastitis I get the pleasure of building my milk supply up from scratch again....so long story short...to see the above pictures in my freezers makes me smile.

As payback for being so "confident" on this post, I am sure I will have my next case of mastitis within a few days. Stay tuned for that post. But I will enjoy the moment and each time I open my freezers I will bask in the glory of my LIQUID GOLD!!

P.S. Sorry if the pictures make you uncomfortable...just had to document!!

6 comments:

Peerys Posse said...

Why am I on the computer at 2 am you say I should probably call you and you would be pumping. I cannot believe that in your freezer! I am amazed and shocked. When we left twin I had two bags in the freezer that were definately old. Crew had been weined for 5 months and it was a killer to throw them away! I agree with you they ARE liquid gold!!

Sherine said...

Only a mom can truly appreciate those pics:)

Marni Bown said...

That is gold. Even if formulas spills a little I feel like it was $20, I can't imagine. OUCH!

Shalice said...

You are a pumping maniac!...(And maybe slightly obsessed!)

Shawna Wilson said...

Like I told you before - you're my role model. I don't know if I could have handled those first VERY difficult and PAINFUL weeks of nursing. And then there was you with your mastitis and thrush and everything in between. So you're the champion and if I had a trophy of a boob (big and perky) it would go to YOU!

Tiffany said...

Good job! I don't know that I'd have that kind of determination! Too bad you weren't around to sell it to me after I had the twins! You could totally make bank on the excess. :)