On the other side...I feel a bit of sadness when they do take a bottle. Up until this point in their short life...I have provided literally everything for them. This included being the one to feed them. Up until now feeding them was something only I could do. I love that feeling of being needed from my child. And for some reason when they take a bottle it feels like their first step toward not needing me as much. I know that for 75% of the time I am still the one feeding them, but for some reason their first bottle always makes me a bit sad. I guess I just want my babies to stay "needing" me for as long as possible.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
a first
On the other side...I feel a bit of sadness when they do take a bottle. Up until this point in their short life...I have provided literally everything for them. This included being the one to feed them. Up until now feeding them was something only I could do. I love that feeling of being needed from my child. And for some reason when they take a bottle it feels like their first step toward not needing me as much. I know that for 75% of the time I am still the one feeding them, but for some reason their first bottle always makes me a bit sad. I guess I just want my babies to stay "needing" me for as long as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sooo remember that bittersweet feeling of their first bottle. You're doing an awesome job. Your kiddies sure are lucky to have you as their mother. What an amazing woman you are. I aspire to be the kind of mother you are. Keep it up!
Post a Comment